Social Media PR best practices
Kiki Chatfield – Owner of The Next Step PR, LLC
Are you a new author looking for a good place to start your new Adventure? Well here is a great place to start and look! Read over this helpful information and I hope it helps you better your craft and launch your business!
Where do I start?
- Know your product: Put out quality product that is professionally edited
- Research the Market: Know who and when other authors are releasing
- Make sure you have an author like page & a personal author page on Facebook
- Join Twitter, Instagram, Amazon, Goodreads, Bookbub, YouTube, Google + & Pinterest
- Create a Website
- Sharing these platforms
- Building a Newsletter with monthly contact to keep the reader informed and updated
- Building a team: personal assistant, beta readers, positive supporters, etc.
- Hiring a graphic designer is a game changer! Get those graphics created PROFESSIONALLY
How to get myself out there?
- Be personal: Promote what you are working on, currently reading, favorite place to travel
- Ask your followers to like, share & comment what you are promoting on your page
- Have teasers made for upcoming work, a visual goes a long way
- Sponsor Ads & boost posts (Facebook, Twitter, Goodreads have this options.)
- Set up giveaways (FB, Twitter, IG, Amazon, Goodreads, with other authors, groups and bloggers.)
How to build readers?
- Put yourself out there, ask questions, do not be afraid to interact with anyone!
- Make a master list for bloggers/readers
- Share your newsletter with your readers, give those who sign up an exclusive, freebie or first look into what you are doing or host a giveaway just for them, make them feel special
- Make a private group for readers who love your work and enjoy discussing your books
- Keeping yourself up to date – Updating your social media/website
- Staying Current
- Word of mouth
- ARCs go out early to these readers, so building a personal relationship is important and helpful
- Bloggers help boost & promote you
- Start researching bloggers, contact them by introducing yourself
- Build your own blogger list of contacts
- Don’t push yourself on the blogger, they get contacted daily
- Don’t be afraid of rejection!
- Join Author Events Around the US on FB – They have a list of events happening every weekend in the world!
- Go to an event as a guest/reader to network & meet other authors, readers, bloggers & organizers
- Get an idea of how events are run & what you would need for future events
- Set up dinners and meetings prior to the event
- Build your catalog, 2 – 3 books before attending an event as a signing author
- See what kind of different swag each author has and take notes on what you want for your table
- Different signings have different rules, so keep up to date with each signing you want to attend
We have openings if you are ever interested in talking with us about services! Even if you need help getting started. The first phone call is always FREE!
Contact Kiki directly at Kiki@TheNextStepPR.com